Sagging skin is an aesthetic problem that worries both men and women. However, it is undeniable that women tend to face this condition more frequently than men. But why does this happeno?
Stay on this blog, to find out the causes behind this disparity and the possible solutions to prevent and combat flaccidity.
¿Why does this happen?
The main reason behind the higher incidence of flaccidity in women is found in biological differences. The structure of the skin varies between men and women, and this plays a crucial role in the tendency to flaccidity.
First of all, men have 25% thicker skin than women, due to their testosterone levels. They also have a greater amount of collagen. While female skin tends to be thinner. This is largely due to hormones, specifically estrogen, which affect the production of collagen and elastin, essential proteins for maintaining skin firmness and elasticity.
As women age and estrogen levels drop, there is a loss of collagen and elastin, which quickly leads to more flab.
Also, the distribution of subcutaneous fat in the body is different between men and women. Men tend to store more fat in the deeper layers of the skin, which provides greater structural support and lessens the appearance of sagging. In men, the connective tissue is stronger and there is not as much accumulation of fat. This is another reason why women also tend to have greater problems with cellulite. So we recommend that if you want to know more about this other condition, take a look at How to prevent, treat and eliminate cellulite.
On the other hand, women tend to accumulate fat in more superficial areas, such as the thighs and arms, which can accentuate the appearance of loose skin.
¿How can we prevent flaccidity??While it's hard to completely avoid sagging, there are a few steps both men and women can take to reduce its appearance and improve skin elasticity:
- regular exercise: Incorporating an exercise routine that includes resistance training can help strengthen muscles and improve skin firmness, especially toning exercises.
- Balance diet: Eating a diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals helps protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and promote collagen production.
- Hydration: Keeping the skin hydrated is essential to maintain its elasticity. Drinking enough water and using proper moisturizing products will help maintain firmer skin.
- Solar protection: Damage caused by excessive sun exposure accelerates skin aging and contributes to sagging. Using sunscreen daily is essential to prevent these negative effects.
¿How can we eliminate flaccidity??
There are many firming creams on the market that can help improve skin elasticity. These products often contain ingredients like retinol, peptides, collagen, and elastin, which can stimulate collagen production and firm the skin. It is important to be consistent in your application and combine them with a good skin care routine to obtain better results.
So as we have commented on other blogs that we recommend that you read to be aware of everything, we have the cream RF Body Firming. It is a firming cream that contains the perfect active ingredients to help both prevent and reduce:
- fucus: Contains a large amount of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that help fight free radicals and improve skin texture.
- Asiatic spark: Has been shown to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Horse tail: astringent and anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce the appearance of sagging skin and improve skin texture.
Together, these ingredients provide significant benefits to improve skin firmness and elasticity.
In addition, we recommend using body radiofrequency, a non-invasive, painless and comfortable option that you can practice at home to further enhance the effects since the cream will help thanks to its composition and the body radiofrequency device will make the results appear much faster. So don't miss our blog body radiofrequency at home where we explain how this new technology works.
With the radio frequency device RF Body Device You can complete your treatment to reaffirm the areas that you consider most affected by the passage of age. Without a doubt, with the combination of the conductive cream RF Body Firming and the radio frequency device RF Body Device, you will notice results.