Our skin is the largest organ in the body and plays a critical role in protecting against external elements. However, it is exposed to various factors, including changing weather conditions throughout the year. The four seasons of the year (spring, summer, autumn and winter) have a significant impact on our skin, and one of the most common problems due to these changes is sagging..
¿Why flaccidity arises?
Sagging skin is a common problem caused by the loss of collagen and elastin, essential proteins that provide structure and elasticity to our skin. With aging, the natural production of collagen and elastin decreases, leading to a gradual loss of firmness and tone in the skin. In addition to aging, factors such as sun exposure, an unhealthy diet, lack of proper hydration, and lack of skin care can accelerate the sagging process.
¿How spring affects your skin?
With the change of season from winter to spring, our skin can be dehydrated due to the dryness of winter and the lack of moisture in the air. Sun exposure is also increased at this time of year, which can damage collagen and elastin fibers.
Also, spring allergy and inflammation can affect the appearance of the skin, making it look less firm. So at this time the best thing you can do to prevent sagging:
- Properly hydrate skin with nutrient-rich creams and lotions
- Use sunscreen daily to protect skin from harmful UV rays.
- Consume foods rich in vitamins C and E to stimulate collagen production and protect the skin against oxidative damage.
¿How summer affects your skin?
Summer is a season in which we usually enjoy outdoor activities and sun exposure. However, this also means that our skin faces increased risks from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays. The effects of the sun damage the collagen and elastin fibers in the skin, thus accelerating the aging process and leading to a premature loss of firmness and elasticity, commonly known as sagging skin.
So at this time you should be especially careful with your skin, since between the pool water, the water from the beach, the sand, the sweat, etc.. These are factors that can damage your skin if you do not take care of it correctly, so for this time we advise you:
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, especially during the hours of greatest intensity.
- Wear protective clothing and hats to protect the skin from direct solar radiation.
- Apply sunscreen with a high protection factor, and reapply it every few hours, especially after swimming or sweating.
- Properly hydrate the skin to prevent damage and dehydration.
¿How Autumn Affects Your Skin?
In autumn, the temperature begins to decrease, which can affect the hydration of the skin. Exposure to cold wind and decreased humidity contribute to skin dryness and accentuate the appearance of flaccidity.
It is very important to take care of your skin at this time, since long exposures to UV rays in summer have been able to damage your skin. For this, at this time it is essential:
- Use richer moisturizers to protect the skin barrier and keep skin nourished.
- Gently exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells and promote cell regeneration.
- Include omega-3 fatty acids in the diet to improve skin elasticity.
¿How winter affects your skin?
Winter brings with it low temperatures, cold winds and lower environmental humidity. These climatic factors negatively affect the skin and contribute to sagging. During this season, the skin tends to lose more moisture and can become drier and more prone to irritation.
Also, it's tempting to take hot baths or showers, however, this can strip the skin's natural oils, causing dryness and aggravating flaccidity. And another very important factor is heating as it further reduces air humidity, which aggravates the dryness of the skin.
So in winter do not forget about:
- Use intense moisturizers to protect the skin from extreme dryness.
- Avoid showers and baths with hot water and use lukewarm water to avoid dehydration of the skin.
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants and drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out.
General tips to prevent sagging skin
Although the seasons of the year are changing and affect our skin differently, there are certain tips that we can do in a general way:
- Maintain a balanced diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Moisturize the skin properly, both topically and by drinking enough water.
- Exfoliate your skin. This will favor cell renewal and oxygenation of the skin.
- Use skin care products that stimulate collagen and elastin production.
- Avoid smoking and reduce alcohol consumption, as both practices can negatively affect the elasticity of the skin.
- Perform resistance and toning exercises to maintain muscle firmness and improve the appearance of the skin.
¿How to properly moisturize the skin?
A good firming cream should contain active ingredients that help tone the skin, and also hydrate giving it a healthier appearance. So if we combine a firming cream with a small massage and add a small routine to our day to day, we will see a significant improvement.
For this we have the cream RF Body Firming. Its composition is specific to treat body flaccidity, and can be used in any area where you lack firmness. Contains:
- fucus: Contains a large amount of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that help fight free radicals and improve skin texture.
- Asiatic spark: Has been shown to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Horse tail: astringent and anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce the appearance of sagging skin and improve skin texture.
Together, these ingredients provide significant benefits to improve skin firmness and elasticity.
But as we have said, the creams are a complement that will help to reduce flaccidity but if what you want is to end it, using radiofrequency is a non-invasive, painless and comfortable option that you can practice at home, don't miss our blog body radiofrequency at home to know all its benefits!
With the radio frequency device RF Body Device You can complete your treatment to reaffirm the areas that you consider most affected by the passage of age. Undoubtedly, with the combination of the Body Firming RF conductive cream and the radio frequency device RF Body Device, you will notice results.