Dr. Lídia Maroñas. dermatologist
The skin is the reflection of our health and it is important to take care of ourselves both internally regarding our diet, and externally regarding our facial and body routines.
When women are pregnant , it is essential to increase the care of our skin, since for several months it suffers alterations due to pregnancy and postpartum and we must avoid possible consequences at all costs. The most typical alterations are:
- Hyperpigmentation in certain areas of the skin (darkening of the skin in the breast areola or the linea alba).
- Stains on the cheekbones or upper lip (chloasma gravidarum)
- Stretch marks on the hips, belly or breasts that are accentuated with weight gain and even poor hydration.
- Acne due to an excessive fatty diet (cravings cannot be abused,...)
The 8 tips during pregnancy
To do this, I am going to recommend a series of tips for you to apply during this wonderful stage, which I myself am putting into practice in my day to day life in this my second pregnancy.
- Avoid sun exposure and put on sunscreen every day before leaving home.
- Take care of your diet rich in vitamins and drink at least one liter of water a day.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol or coffee
- Exercise adapted to each stage of pregnancy and rest at night for at least 8 hours.
- Take a shower with neutral soap and finish the shower with cold water for your legs and feet.
- It is essential to hydrate throughout the body to avoid cracks.
- I recommend the use of Rosehip Oil especially for the belly, breasts and legs to avoid stretch marks. Apply it with your fingertips to ensure its penetration into the skin
- I use and recommend MASDERM products to my patients As theTriphasic Facial Serum to keep the skin of the face hydrated and if you want to have the skin of your body with a healthy aspect and you do not like unctuous creams, itsRF Body Firming You will love it for its natural ingredients and its very fast absorption.