I am Dr. Rubén del Rio, Dermatologist. Member of AEDV and Member of the CILAD Board of Directors. I see my patients in my private practice at C/ Via Augusta 122 in Barcelona.
After a certain age, the face loses flaccidity and the signs of aging become more marked, especially in the area of the chin and cheeks. When my patients come to my office asking to improve this area, I usually recommend specific invasive treatments to elevate this area such as tensing threads, laser, HIFU and RF. However, there are other options that are also effective, but first let me tell you about the relevant concepts of the main causes of loss of flaccidity in these areas:
¿Why does the skin of the neck age and why does a double chin appear??
The skin on the neck is particularly delicate and thinner than that of other areas of the body. As we age, the production of collagen and elastin, the proteins responsible for the elasticity and firmness of the skin, decreases. In addition, factors such as sun exposure, genetics, smoking and a poor diet can accelerate the aging process of the skin on the neck.
Double chin, also known as excess fat and skin under the chin, It develops due to loss of tone in the neck muscles and the accumulation of fat in that area. As the muscles weaken, the skin loses its natural support and begins to sag, forming the double chin.
¿Can be prevented or eliminated?Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent or reduce the effects of aging and the appearance of a double chin.
- Maintain a proper skin care routine, And above all, don't forget about the neck, since many people tend to cleanse and hydrate the skin on their face and not continue their routine on the neck. For example, the most common mistake is to forget about the sunscreen in this area.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle. A balanced diet, regular exercise and avoiding smoking have a positive impact on the health of your skin and aging in general.
Perform specific exercises for the neck. Like other muscles in the body, the neck muscles can be toned through specific exercises.
You can do very basic exercises such as turning your head from one side to the other, raising your head toward the ceiling and pulling your lips up to stretch your neck muscles, to using your own hands to exercise the area, tools such as a gua stone sha or devices that help you exercise your neck. Avoid spending many hours in front of your mobile as this produces what we know as a digital double chin.”.
Treatments with electrostimulation (EMS)
One of the increasingly popular treatments to combat aging skin on the neck is electrostimulation.. This non-invasive method uses low intensity electrical currents to stimulate the facial and neck muscles, strengthening and toning them.
¿How electrostimulation works?Electrostimulation uses low-frequency electrical currents to stimulate facial muscles. These currents mimic the body's natural signals and help strengthen muscles, improve circulation and tone the skin. In other words, uses mild electrical currents to cause facial muscles to contract and strengthen.
Some benefits of electrostimulation to treat neck skin wrinkles include:
- Improves the firmness and tone of the neck skin.
- Stimulation of collagen and elastin production, which helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Increased blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, which favors the elimination of toxins and nutrition of the skin.
- Improves the overall appearance of the neck, reducing double chin and promoting a more defined contour.
Tips to Maximize ResultsIn addition to electrostimulation, there are topical treatments that can complement the treatment, prevent and treat aging of the neck skin. Specific neck creams and serums that contain ingredients such as retinol, hyaluronic acid, peptides and antioxidants help hydrate, firm and improve the appearance of the skin.
- Masderm triphasic serum, helps prevent and treat lack of luminosity, wrinkles, blemishes and also sagging due to its composition.
- Masderm Trimas Antiaging Cream, naturally restores the skin's defenses, has an immediate TENS-UP lifting effect, improves the appearance and luminosity of the skin and, of course, it is anti-wrinkle, anti-stains, and improves softness.
- Maderm RF Facial Cream, which treats everything from flaccidity, wrinkles, and dryness, to sagging double chins.
For those patients who want to firm and redefine this area to minimize and delay these signs of aging, I recommend using specific creams frequently to firm this area.
If, in addition, devices for use at home with specific Electrostimulation technology are added to the routine, it will improve its appearance effectively. He neck device Masderm 's Neck Rejuvenation Device is an excellent option to obtain optimal results in a short time, and I highlight its comfort, effectiveness and price.