On occasion, we have mentioned flaccid arms. Even the Dr. Mercedes Saenz de Santamaria, a doctor specializing in aesthetic medicine, explained to us briefly but in very good words what body flaccidity was (you can find the video on our Instagram!).
So in this blog, we will focus on the limp arms .
Over the years it is normal for our body to change and that is reflected in our skin. The decrease in elastin and collagen accelerate aging and although it may not seem like it, the area of the arms cannot escape this phenomenon either.
It should be noted that there are other factors that intervene and accelerate the loss of firmness in the tissues, such as sudden weight loss or genetics.
The skin on the inside of the arms begins to fall causing what we know as bat wings. but in most cases, it can be solved without going through the operating room.
So, here are some recommendations that will help you prevent and reduce laxity in this area.
Treatments for flabby arms
There are factors that we cannot control, everyone ages and it is normal, but we can work on some others.
There are many aesthetic treatments that help maintain the natural firmness of the skin. And a non-invasive and painless example is thebody radiofrequency, this helps regenerate collagen and elastin allowing our skin to have that firm appearance naturally, and also Helps reduce cellulite so it also improves the appearance in case of having that uncomfortable bulky or rough texture.
There are also other treatments such as tensing threads to help lift or surgeries, although this method is invasive and is only used in cases of excessive flaccidity that cannot be resolved with other alternatives.
Exercises for Flabby Arms or Bat Wings
There are all kinds of exercises you can do to help firm up your arms. Also, make a little physical routine It will not only help you tone your arms but it will activate your body, improving blood circulation and improving its appearance as a whole.
¡So here are some recommendations so you can start practicing now!
Exercises without accessories
These exercises can be done without any type of accessory, simply and comfortably at home, you can even sit down. Make your own routine forming the combinations that work best for you and doing the repetitions that you need, for example, repeat each exercise 10 times and repeat them all 3 times. It won't take you more than 15 minutes a day and you'll appreciate it!
- Place your fists at approximately chest height and raise your elbows. Lower and raise your elbows, slightly clenching your fists to exert force.
- Stretch your arms out to the sides as far as you can. Then pick up your elbows at the height of your ribs, that is, flex them until they touch your torso.
- Now, instead of keeping them straight, bend your elbows into an L shape and raise your hands together above your head, like a triangle.
- Place your palms in front of your face, with your elbows slightly raised, at shoulder height. Raise one arm and then the other
Exercises with accessories
If you want to give your routine a little more intensity, you can add some accessories, such as using weights, to further enhance the exercise. Use the weight that is most comfortable for you, and if you don't have weights don't worry, you can use water bottles or something similar.
- We place our arms in an L shape, open and close, without lowering our elbows!
- Place your elbows bent and your wrists facing you, exercise your biceps without moving your elbows.
- Stretch your arms, bend your elbows, and lower yourself down keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- To strengthen your triceps, keep your elbows close to your body and stretch your arms behind you, then reach forward.
¿Firming creams help firm up flabby arms?
The answer is that they do help, obviously they are not a miracle and with just one application they will not help much, but their continued use will.
A good onefirming cream It must contain active ingredients that help tone the skin, and also hydrate giving it a healthier appearance. So if we combine one firming cream with a small massage and we add a small routine to our day to day , we will see a significant improvement in the arms.