Hello I am Dr. Isabel Pérez Zarazaga, Dermatologist, You can find me at Clínica Teknon, Calle Vilana 12, office 17.
Telephone: 608 512 402
Facial sagging is a common concern as we age.It is a completely normal process that our body experiences. The age at which we can begin to experience it, being a nuisance in some cases, is at a very early age, depending on various factors.
In many cases it is not necessary to resort to invasive treatments, whether aesthetic or surgical, to address this problem. There are more and more alternatives thanks to the technological advances that emerge over the years.
When my patients come to the office requesting non-surgical alternatives to see their skin rejuvenated, I like to recommend products and techniques that are safe, effective, comfortable, and affordable for most patients. Always moving away from misleading advertisements that mostly involve very expensive treatments promising very high and unrealistic expectations. .
A very good option that I like to recommend to my patients so that they see this problem improving progressively and treating various conditions that generate flaccidity. are the radio frequency facial devices that can be used at home. Masderm offers a very complete treatment with his firming cream RF Facial Cream and its Facial Radiofrequency device of high technology, having carried out multiple clinical studies that guarantee, in the first place, its safety, efficacy, as well as a sensible and competitive quality/price ratio, that positions it at the moment as unique in the market.
In this blog, I am going to tell you what exactly facial flaccidity is, why it occurs and how we can delay it and even treat it.
¿Why our skin changes?
As time passes and we age, our skin undergoes a series of changes due to various factors. One of the main changes that occur is the loss of elasticity, which generates a loss of firmness., which is manifested in facial flaccidity, and the dreaded sagging. .
As you get older, the production of collagen and elastin (the proteins responsible for keeping the skin smooth and elastic) decrease.
On the other hand, the levels of subcutaneous fat also decrease, which contributes to the appearance of thinner skin, decreasing its tension and firmness.
Another important factor is the influence of free radicals and oxidative stress., which damage the supporting structures of the skin, weakening and contributing to the appearance of flaccidity, this factor is partly controllable and on many other occasions genetics is a fundamental determinant.
Besides, chronic sun exposure over the years is one of the most important and preventable factors, since ultraviolet rays damage the collagen and elastin of the skin.
These combined changes lead to loss of elasticity and inevitable facial sagging, which can result in the appearance of wrinkles, folds, and a diminished definition of facial contours.
¿I know you can prevent or avoid?It is inevitable that it will happen since it is a physiological and natural process of the body but it can be delayed or try to prevent it and treat it by combining various routines, For this I recommend the following. It works!!
- Solar protection: Regular use of sunscreen with a high protection factor (SPF50) helps prevent damage caused by UV rays, which can accelerate skin aging. It is important to apply it daily, even on cloudy days, which are misleading and give us the odd scare.
- Skin care: Maintaining a proper skin care routine can help improve the elasticity and overall appearance of the skin. This includes gently cleansing, moisturizing regularly, and using products rich in antioxidants and collagen-boosting ingredients like vitamin C and retinol.
- Healthy life style: Adopting healthy lifestyle habits has a positive impact on general health and of course on the skin, a reflection of many aspects of this Health. This implies following a balanced diet, rich in antioxidants and essential nutrients, staying hydrated, avoiding smoking and limiting alcohol consumption, and to the extent possible... sleeping 7-8 hours!!
- Topical treatments and aesthetic procedures: There are various topical treatments, such as creams and serums, that can help improve facial flaccidity. In addition, aesthetic procedures, such as laser treatments, radiofrequency, thread lifts, and dermal fillers, can be effective options for treating and improving facial sagging, as they stimulate collagen production and help tighten the skin.
- face exercise: Performing specific facial exercises can help strengthen facial muscles, as with the rest of the body muscles, it helps improve skin tone. These exercises focus on movements that engage the muscles of the face and neck.
¿How radiofrequency works to treat facial flaccidity?
Radiofrequency is a non-invasive and effective method to treat facial flaccidity. The heat produced by the radiofrequency device stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which are the fundamental proteins to generate firmness and elasticity in the skin.
In addition, radiofrequency improves blood circulation in the skin, facilitates the drainage of the entire lymphatic system and this contributes to increasing the oxygenation and nutrition of facial tissues. Therefore, it improves the texture of the skin by promoting cell renewal.
So the benefits it presents are not only to treat flaccidity but also:
- Generates an immediate flash effect on facial skin
- Increases the luminosity of the skin
- Promotes smoother, softer skin
- Reduces flaccidity
- Reduces wrinkles
- Reduces the size of the pores
- Facilitates the regeneration of recent acne marks
Additional Tips to Maximize Results
Although facial radiofrequency can only be used every other day, There are creams with active ingredients that help generate the formation of collagen and elastin in addition to moisturizing and nourishing the skin. This type of cream can be used every day, so it is a very good option to continue treating flaccidity every day of the week.
Specifically, the face firming cream Masderm RF Facial Cream contains:
- collagen: Improves the firmness and elasticity of the skin, hydration and moisture retention, stimulating cell regeneration:
- Hyaluronic acid: Allows deep hydration, fills small wrinkles and improves the elasticity and texture of the skin:
- Organic Retinoll: Stimulates cell renewal, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and improves skin radiance.
I hope I have been able to help you with these tips and I remain at your disposal for any questions!
Dr. Isabel Pérez Zarazaga