Hi, I'm the Dr. Alejandra Reolid Dermatologist, and you can find me at the La Princesa University Hospital and the Eguren Clinic. You can find more information about me at my Instagram address @dra.alejandrareolid
The delicate skin around the eyes is prone to wrinkles and the dreaded Crow's feet, those fine lines that form on the outer edge of the eyes and that give a aged appearance to the look and to the whole face.
We must not forget that aging is a physiological process and with age and photoexposure of that area throughout life, It is normal for the skin in that area to deteriorate. Fortunately, there are options to prevent, treat, and reduce the appearance of these unwanted wrinkles. There are injectable treatments with neuromodulators that we can perform in the clinic, but we also have non-invasive and painless procedures that can be performed even at home to enhance other medical treatments in the clinic.
¿Why wrinkles and crow's feet appear in the eyelid area?
Wrinkles or crow's feet in the outer area of the eye contour can have various causes. As we get older, the production of collagen and elastin in the skin decreases, leading to a loss of firmness and elasticity.
But that's not all, repetitive movements of the muscles around the eyes, such as blinking and smiling, can contribute to the development of these wrinkles since, for example, A person can blink 15,000 to 20,000 times a day, so it is normal for the eyelid area to be more resentful than other areas of the face.
As if this were not enough, it is an area with the thinnest skin on our body, especially that of the upper eyelid, so it is easier for these annoying wrinkles to be even more noticeable.
¿Can be prevented or avoided?
Although we cannot completely stop the aging process, there are measures we can take to prevent or reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the eyelid area, but you have to understand that it is a natural process so to a greater or lesser extent, it will happen. I recomend you:
- Sun protection and use of polarized sunglasses with UV filters: Excessive exposure to the sun is one of the main causes of premature aging of the skin, including the formation of wrinkles. So always apply sunscreen around the eye area and wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid excessive rubbing: Rubbing or pulling the delicate skin around the eyes can cause stress and tension in the tissues, which can contribute to the formation of wrinkles. When you apply products to that area or remove make-up, do it with gentle movements and avoiding excessive friction.
- adequate hydration: Keep the skin around the eyes well hydrated. Use specific products for this area, which contain moisturizing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid. This will help keep the skin supple, reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Adequate rest and sleep: A good rest and sufficient sleep are essential for skin care. During sleep, the skin recovers and regenerates. Try to get enough sleep and adopt a regular sleep routine to promote the health of your skin in general, including the eyelid area.
- Healthy nutrition: A balanced diet rich in nutrients is beneficial for skin health. Eat foods rich in antioxidants, such as fruits and vegetables, which help protect skin from free radical damage and keep it firmer and younger looking.
- avoid smoking: Smoking negatively affects the health of the skin and accelerates the aging process. Cigarette smoke contains chemicals that can damage collagen and elastin in the skin, leading to wrinkle formation. Quitting smoking or avoiding secondhand smoke is important for maintaining healthier skin.
facial radiofrequency treatment
Radiofrequency is a technique that dermatologists use to improve skin firmness. This non-invasive procedure uses high-frequency electromagnetic waves to heat the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating the production of collagen and elastin.
In the case of the eye contour, this type of technology helps us tighten the skin, improve texture and reduce the appearance of bags and wrinkles (crow's feet) in the eye area.
If it is also with a device for use at home that can be handled by the patient, it is very comfortable and if we are constant, results are guaranteed.
I recommend the Masderm device for its effectiveness, comfort and price. That combined with the RF Facial Cream facial firming cream and the use of its Eymas contour, the results are excellent..
Tips to Maximize Results
In addition to facial radiofrequency treatment, there are cosmetic products that can help combat wrinkles and crow's feet in the eyelid area. Above all, serums with active ingredients such as retinol, peptides and hyaluronic acid, which can improve skin elasticity, stimulate collagen production and smooth wrinkles.
For example, Eyemas containing:
- Hyaluronic acid that deeply hydrates and helps to fill in wrinkles. In addition, it stimulates the natural production of collagen in the skin.
- collagen that strengthens the structure of the skin providing greater resistance and density. Also improving the firmness of the skin.
- phytic acid that lightens the area due to its depigmenting effect, has an antioxidant effect and promotes cell regeneration.
Moreover, if you do not want to miss any detail, we recommend that you read the blog Prevention, treatment and solution of droopy eyelid from the pharmaceutical company Mireya, specialist in formulation, dermocosmetics and nutricosmetics.