Dr. Emili Masferrer, Dermatologist,
Dermatologists insist a lot to our patients that the best anti-aging is a sunscreen broad-spectrum for daily application, both in summer and winter. This allows you to avoid or reduce the most common signs of aging such as spots or wrinkles and also reduces the risk of skin cancer.
So all protection is little to avoid or reduce the impact of external agents on our skin . The most common tips that we all know for proper protection of our skin are the following:
Tips for proper skin protection from the sun
- Daily application on the face of a broad-spectrum sunscreen. This concept is very important to put into practice every day and from a very young age. In this way, sunscreen should become an essential part of our daily facial routine.
- Daily application of sunscreen to the skin of the body in the months when it is most exposed. We should not wait until July when we go to the beach or pool, but we should start applying body sunscreen from the moment we begin to discover the skin with the change of wardrobe. And attention, very important, do not forget to cover areas such as the instep, the neck, the arms or the neckline with the protector!!
- Cover your face with caps or visors to avoid direct impact on your skin.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin C and other antioxidants
What is a solar nutritional supplement for?
It is important that you know that the main function of solar nutritional supplements is to stimulate the skin's defense systems against free radicals, the main cause of accelerating the signs of premature skin aging. They are designed to protect our skin from the sun's rays from inside our body.
You must bear in mind that in no case do they replace the sun protection that you must apply topically to the skin every day, but you do know that they provide the body with:
- Vitamins (protect against oxidative stress)
- Fatty acids (help maintain skin elasticity and hydration)
- Carotenoids (provide the generation of melanin)
In addition, you must bear in mind that the skin naturally tans to protect itself from the sun, creating the natural pigment of tanning, melanin. When we take nutritional supplements with Beta-carotene, one of the consequences is the stimulation of melanin and the acceleration of tanning of the skin, showing off a tanned and more protected skin.
For these solar nutritional supplements to be effective, you must start a month before exposing your skin to the sun; that is, once you make the change of wardrobe and there are already parts of the skin of your body that are directly exposed by the sun's rays. You can take these supplements throughout the year, since the face is also exposed to blue rays from devices (mobile, Ipad, computer...) and therefore daily intake is ideal.
¿All the skins are suitable to take this complement?
The answer is yes, of course. In fact, there are types of skins where it is highly recommended, such as the skins:
- Sensitive skin that is affected by the sun with freckles or redness
- Skin with blemishes that are further increased by the sun
- Atopic skin that can become even more dry
- Skin exposed to the sun due to work or outdoor sports
Therefore, if you are worried about the appearance of spots and wrinkles on your skin, you do not want to give up being tanned and you also want to increase your daily protection by complementing it effectively, I advise you to add to your routine the daily intake of solar nutritional supplements to protect the body internally by increasing the inhibition of sun damage.
And the key question that my patients ask me about it, bearing in mind that there are many brands: Doctor, which ones do you recommend? Ideally, you go to your trusted dermatologist who will advise you professionally, taking into account your skin type and your history. I recommend Masderm's solar nutritional supplements, Oral Sunmas, which are easy to ingest and whose main ingredients are Beta-carotene (activates the creation of melanin), Copper (which contributes to normal skin pigmentation), Vitamin A and Zinc (which contributes to the maintenance of the skin in normal conditions) and Vitamin C (which contributes to the normal formation of collagen for the normal functioning of the skin).el).