Dry or flaking skin is a common problem that affects a large number of people. This pathology can be uncomfortable and painful, and if not treated properly, it can lead to more serious problems. So in this blog, we are going to talk about the body peeling, its causes and above all how we can deal with it.
¿What is desquamation?
Desquamation is a natural process in which dead cells are shed from the surface of the skin. Is a normal part of the skin cell renewal cycle and helps keep skin smooth and healthy That is why it is also important to exfoliate at least once a week.
However, when the flaking becomes excessive or occurs too frequently, it may indicate an underlying problem.
Causes of flaky skin
Dry skin is one of the main causes of flaking. When the skin does not produce enough natural moisture or oils, dryness and flaking can occur. This can be caused by external factors, such as dry weather or the use of skin products that strip away natural oils. It can also be caused by internal factors, such as genetics, age, or certain medical conditions.
Other common causes of scaly skin include seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, and ringworm.
- The seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin condition that can cause scaling on areas such as the scalp, face, and chest.
- The psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that causes a rapid production of skin cells, which can lead to scaling and inflammation.
- The tub It is a fungal infection that can cause scaling and itching on areas such as the skin, nails, and scalp.
In general, peeling skin can be a temporary and mild condition that can be treated with simple remedies. However, If the peeling becomes chronic or is accompanied by other symptoms, such as itching, pain, or redness, it is important to seek medical treatment to address the underlying cause and avoid long-term complications. . So in these cases go to your dermatologist.
How to hydrate the skin
To hydrate dry skin, it is important to maintain a care routine the right skin. Here are some tips to keep your skin hydrated:
- drink enough water : Hydration starts from within, so make sure you drink enough water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated.
- Using moisturizers: Using a moisturizer is one of the most effective ways to hydrate the skin. Look for a cream that contains moisturizing ingredients, such as glycerin, hyaluronic acid, or natural oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, or jojoba oil. Apply to skin after shower or bath and whenever skin feels dry.
- Avoid products that dry the skin : Some skin products, such as heavily fragranced soaps and products with a high alcohol content, can strip the skin of its natural oils, causing dryness and flaking.
- Take short, lukewarm baths : Long, hot baths can strip the skin of its natural oils, causing dryness and flaking. Instead, take short, lukewarm baths, and don't rub your skin hard when drying off.
- use a humidifier : Dry environments can contribute to dry skin. Use a humidifier to increase the moisture in the air and help keep your skin hydrated.
Remember that hydration is a continuous process , so make sure you stay consistent with your skincare routine to keep your skin smooth and healthy.
Treatments for desquamation
Focusing on dry skin without additional pathologies like the ones we mentioned at the beginning, you can help your skin using daily moisturizers .
Thehydrating creams are essential to treat flaky skin, as they help to restore the skin's natural barrier and keep it hydrated . These creams usually contain special assets to treat dryness in depth and even nourish the skin, so using them daily is a effective treatment to help heal your skin barrier.
Specific,Masderm RF Body Firming Cream, is formulated to treat the skin barrier in addition to giving firmness, since it contains a variety of active ingredients that provide hydration:
- He ferment ofLactococcus, is an ingredient that can help improve skin texture and tone, as it contains enzymes and amino acids that can help reduce inflammation and improve collagen production in the skin.
- The Centella Asiatica, Fucus and Horsetail They are plant extracts that contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help soothe the skin and protect it from free radicals.
- He lactic acid is a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that can help gently exfoliate the skin and improve its texture and radiance. It also helps to retain moisture in the skin, which can improve hydration and reduce flaking.
In general, this Moisturizing cream is an excellent choice for treating flaky skin, as it contains hydrating, soothing, and exfoliating ingredients that can improve skin texture and hydration. Plus, its formula is mild and non-irritating, making it suitable for most skin types.